Wednesday 28 March 2018

***JOSH JAKUBOWSKI exclusive podcast interview / 1,000,000 views***

An Interview with
JOSH JAKUBOWSKI
of:


On April 1st, 2015 I got an email from someone named JOSH JAKUBOWSKI. I saw the name in my inbox and I nearly fell into the center of the Earth. Seriously, this guy has been one of my musical heroes since I first got the Neil Perry / Joshua Fit For Battle split 12" back in 2003, followed shortly after by the 2xcd 'Lineage Situation' discography. Not only did he play in both bands, but he was a large part of the early/mid screamo era of the late 90s and early 2000s, spending time in Hot Cross, The Now and Superstitions Of The Sky. After reaching out to me we quickly scheduled part one of an interview podcast using skype and completed it in no time. After numerous attempts over the last two years we've been unable to connect at the right time so part two is not yet complete. So in part one you will notice that The Now and Superstitions Of The Sky aren't even been touched on, but I'm hoping this post will act as the catalyst for finishing up part two. In part one we discussed a bunch of stuff including (but not limited to):
- his arm injury
- screamo reunions
- Portraits Of Past
- You And I
- Neil Perry
     →song title meanings/stories
     →inside info on the tour video
- Joshua Fit For Battle
- Usurp Synapse
- Greg Drury / Level Plane Records
- Hot Cross
     →formation / first show
     →Josh's departure
     →Equal Vision
- North Of America / The Holy Shroud


This is also the first post since we hit 1,000,000 views on the blog. Thank you to everyone who has visited and all of the bands that have been reviewed here, as well as the ones who have submitted and we haven't been able to accommodate. We won't be stopping. 💓💕💗💘💝💞💟

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the interview...but there is a lot more to discuss with Josh, especially his Superstition of the Sky stuff and his work as a sound engineer with My Chemical Romance and Circa Survive. My understanding is that he is still writing musin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was supposed to be a second podcast/interview where I was going to ask about his later bands and engineering. Alas, not happening :(

      Delete
  2. Joe Jakubowski30 June 2019 at 08:41

    Please tell your musical hero to update his email address registered at Guitar Center because I get emails every time he buys like a new bass rig or $2500 of home studio gear and have a minor panic attack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any updates on a new interview?

    ReplyDelete