Wednesday 16 September 2015

***MARE exclusive video interview***

On September 7th, 2015 something amazing happened. Actually, three amazing things.
1) Mare reformed and played a show.
2) They played said show with Old Man Gloom, whom I've been a rabid fan of since 2002.
3) My friend Tim (many thanks, buddy!) and I video interviewed Tyler (guitar/vocals) from MARE for this blog post.

If you aren't familiar with MARE you should check out this link here to read my review post which also includes a bunch of audio.

Tyler was super nice and responded all of the questions with very elaborate and articulate answers. Here a few of my favourite quotes.

"The arsenal is much more full."
-regarding writing the band's next material

"I feel more like James Brown than James Hetfield."

"I'd log 13 hours of TV of day."

"I was a teenager and going out and sort of leveling crowds of people with your body to see what would happen and experimenting with your own physicality in that forum was incredible at that time. I think back on those with a lot of positive memories and they were wild. Some of the stuff we were doing was absoluty dangerous and would probably get me arrested as an adult."

"I think this is what I'm supposed to do, you know? But it fucks up my life."

So without further adieu, here is the interview in three parts.

1

2

3

No comments:

Post a Comment