Tuesday 16 December 2014

***CONGRATULATIONS release show w/NOUS ÉTIONS & TERRY GREEN***


On Wednesday November 26th CONGRATULATIONS, Sean and I were finally able to bring their first recordings to the world. I put on a release show for the band in Hamilton, Ontario with fellow Zegema Beach swimmers NOUS ÉTIONS (who released their 12" debut LP just over a month back, listen here and purchase here), my boys in TERRY GREEN and the locals JIMMY AND THE JERKS. Honestly, this was a fucking great show. Be sure to watch all the videos by clicking here.
****************************************************

Closing the night, obviously, was CONGRATULATIONS. Here they are performing my favourite song which is titled "Gospel" because I always told the band it sounded like the band Gospel - at least I think that's the reason. You can hear me losing my shirt before the song starts because they played their self-titled cassette (listen here, purchase here) straight through and ended with the song that will appear on The Rabbit Theory split 7" set to come out next year. Watch their entire set here.
****************************************************

NOUS ÉTIONS graced us a with a new, unreleased song which is amazing and epic as all hell (the end sounds like it should be the new Canadian anthem!). You can view it linked in the band's (near) full set here. The band also had Guillaume from The Expectorated Sequence on drums and he was fantastic. I think I have a new favourite song by the band from their 12" they just released (on Zegema Beach Records, Ancient Injury Records, Don't Live Like Me Records, Désordre Ordonné and Through Love Records) because the first half is good and all, but the last half is fucking unreal. Check "Les Algorithmes Du Malheur" out below! Listen to and grab the new 12" here.
****************************************************

TERRY GREEN, as per usual, put on a great show and played what I assumed to be the fan favourites. I spoke with the band and it sounds like they will be releasing a tape in the near future which Funeral Sounds and perhaps Zegema Beach Records - although I don't know for certain! Check out their new, untitled track that would appear on said release below. I've also got some copies of the band's short-run of self-released demo tapes here.
****************************************************

JIMMY AND THE JERKS started the night off in their own, sassy way. Punk rock to the fucking core, my friends. Check out their bandcamp page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment