Sunday 5 May 2013

May 5th - TRACHIMBROD is more than a crazy name

WELCOME TO (((((OPEN mind SATURATED brain)))))'s fifth official post! The MP3 mix for May is linked from May 1st's post.

*****NOTE***** May 6th, 2013 = Just got the okay for a Trachimbrod interview to coincide with their new split release with Sore Eyelids that will be released on May 15th, 2013. Sweet!!! TRACHIMBROD are super nice guys, to boot!

*****ADDITIONAL NOTE***** May 6, 2013 = They just posted a new track for their upcoming split, check it out here!

NEW Trachimbrod track (official video link to youtube)

This post's artist is from the April 2013 Mix, this is track #24:

I downloaded this late 2012 and purposely avoided them for awhile because the name made me think of elaborate wizard metal, or something like that. The band name, TRACHIMBROD, seemed a little weird. When I finally checked it out, my first thought was, holy shit - new La Quiete. Then I realized this sounded an awful lot like the new Suis La Lune record, 'Riala'. Basically, you are gonna hear some great twinkly/driving screamo on here. They have one album titled, 'A Collection of Hidden Sketches' which has 9 tracks (4 of which are superb) and they are currently recording a new album, so I'll keep you updated!

These guys from Sweden need to do some international touring, because this blog isn't popular enough to get the word out that these guys might be the next big European screamo band. The first link is a nice representation of the band with an accompanying video (that doesn't show the band), while the second song was the one that sold me on this band - equal parts twinkly-screamo and some great (yet overly repetitive) gang vocals. Don't let the first 30 seconds of noise and yelling throw you off, it picks up beautifully afterwards. Lastly, I linked their Bandcamp page so everyone who digs this band can support them.


TRACHIMBROD - Mediocrity (official music video link to youtube)

TRACHIMBROD - Through Walls, Floors and More (audio link to youtube)

)))))========}> BANDCAMP page

purchase in NORTH AMERICA!
www.zegemabeachrecords.com
-LP here
-split here

purchase in EUROPE!
www.ihearttruelove.com

I would also recommend checking out some of their live videos. I love watching the one guitarist bob his head in time with the twinkly bits - to the point where I make a clucking-chicken motion with my head an neck whenever I hear TRACHIMBROD. I'm a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment