Thursday 3 July 2014

***ZBR Show #2 - LIFE IN VACUUM / CONGRATULATIONS / QUIET LAKES / DINOSAUR SEX CHANGE***




There weren't many in attendance, but you wouldn't know that by the way the bands played. It was extra emotional due to the fact that the bands were playing more literally than ever, just for us. Being able to hang out with all the bands who were very friendly and enthusiastic was just plain amazing, to boot.

___________________________________

DINOSAUR SEX CHANGE sounds like Bigwig, Osker, 88 Fingers Louie, Strike Anywhere, Propagandhi - all those good old bands. 3-part vocal melodies, palm muting galore, some really intricate guitar work, especially for 16-year olds. They started the night and had the other bands commenting, "I wish I was that good when I was that age, holy shit." Them's some mad props.

___________________________________

QUIET LAKES followed and played the spectrum of emotions, from light and serene to dark and ominous. They remind me of a mix between the following 5 bands:
-Red Sparrowes
-Hum
-Ornaments
-Jesu
-Pelican

___________________________________

CONGRATULATIONS needs no introduction on this blog, and neither does LIFE IN VACUUM. So...bam! I've included CONGRATULATIONS "Gospel" song below.

___________________________________

LIFE IN VACUUM gets 2 videos because:
-this one I've never seen played live, and is sick. "Smartslave".

-and this one because the 2 members of Congratulations jump in to help with the vocals on "Van Life".


I put all the videos up the Zegema Beach Records page, linked here.

I said, ALL THE VIDEOS I TOOK FOR THE CONCERT CAN BE STREAMED HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment