Wednesday 6 May 2015

***2015 OMSB mp3 Mix #6 (June) aka 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY***

(((((OPENmind/SATURATEDbrain)))))
June 2015 mp3 MIX #6
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/qTPZovpv/file.html
...and updates

Holy moly, I've been doing this three to five times per week for two years straight. 504 posts, not too shabby. Super stoked on the next year. I'm also excited to share my own contributions to music, as opposed to always expressing my opinions of others all the time. If there's one thing I can recommend to people discussing music on the internet, please just focus on the positives. Telling me an album sucks doesn't affect me in a positive way because I don't buy the record. Tell me a great album to check out and then I may end up buying a good record. See the logic? Word.

Much love,

Dave / OMSB / ZBR



______________________________________

ZBR Store/Bandcamp

RAVIN 'II' EP
cd (pre-order here)
(listen here)


DUCT HEARTS 'If You Prick Us, Do We Not Bleed?' EP
7" (order here)
(listen here)


NIONDE PLAGAN 'Frustration' LP
12" (pre-order in June)


SECRET SMOKER / ALARMS & CONTROLS 'split' EP
7" (order here)
(listen here)


________________________________________________________________________

***Interviews/Live shows coming up this month for sure:
-Back When interview
-Pile/Life In Vacuum/Animal Faces/Worst Gift live show review

***Interviews/Live shows posted last month:
-Careless interview
-Locktender/Foxmoulder/Shaman/Respire/Woodlouse show review

________________________________________________________________________

The following page have changes:
-nada
________________________________________________________________________

As always, on or around the 1st of every month, I will be posting a ZIP file with songs for the upcoming month with ALL specifics deleted from the tags, so unless you already know the band, there is NO information regarding each track.

During the following month, I will post reviews for those bands and link the tracks to the review so you can associate the two together. This way you can listen to a new song/band and have little-to-no bias. Below, I have re-posted the May mp3 mix that is used for this month's reviews.
(http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/fdVrQqFm/file.html)
________________________________________________________________________

The new OMSB mp3 Mix #6 will be reviewed in June and there are 12 ditties on there, including:
*-* a song with one of my favourite bass led jams ever, sweet science
*-* Malaysia's other best kept emo-violence secret (hint, it's not Virginia On Duty)
*-* a ridiculous Polish band that sent me their new LP and I was floored, think Envy meets Milanku with some higher, screamier vocals
*-* a new band from Spain that hits home pretty close to Welcome The Plague Year and recently dropped one of the best albums of 2015
*-* one of the greatest, sweetest and most passionate indie/alternative/emo rock records of the past few decades

(((((http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/qTPZovpv/file.html)))))
________________________________________________________________________

Any bands/labels that are interested in having their stuff reviewed, please email zegemabeachrecords@gmail.com: with "Open Mind Saturated Brain" as the subject. Please keep in mind that I don't review everything, just what jives with the blog. I will, however, listen to everything you send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment