Thursday 1 August 2013

***AUGUST 2013 mp3 Mix***

(((((OPENmindSATURATEDbrain)))))
AUGUST 2013 mp3 MIX
...and updates
 
OPENmind/SATURATEDbrain completed one of its initial goals - interviewing Dog Knights Productions. Tom Schlatter, aka OMSB's hero, gave an interview about his previous bands; You And I, The Assistant, This Ship Will Sink, In First Person and Black Kites that will be posted in sections over the course of the next 5 months with posts about each of those groups. The band he currently plays bass and shares vocal duties in, Capacities, spilled their very insightful and intelligent guts in an interview. Ken Mode released a sweet new vid, but Amber lost their vocalist. This month, there will be another 3-5 interviews, including the one for Voyage In Coma that I posted earlier today.

I assumed that once OPENmind/SATURATEDbrain gathered steam and got some interviews, but I've had a hard time getting self-proclaimed punk and diy news sites to help spread the word. I'm doing this on the assumption that these communities exist to help each other out. Well I am here to help any bands to want to submit their stuff. Any help that other people can offer in regards to reposting this blog stuff will be greatly appreciated by myself and the bands.

On a related and simultaneously personal note, I'm looking to start a record label - so if anyone is interested in helping out or being involved in any way - contact me at my new address that will be linked with the blogs )==> daveyjamesnorman16@hotmail.com .

The following pages have changes:
*Birthday Boyz )==> Posted extremely rare 'The Plan Is To Jam' mp3 demo.
*Heathers )==> Their newest album grew on me, so I updated the page to reflect my new standpoint.
*The Advantage )==> This post was erased, but I've got the entire live set back up.

This month, I have decided NOT to abandon this BlogSpot address, mostly due to search engine garbage. I will, however be mirroring a super spiffy and proper website this month to this address, and I'll post the new link when it goes up. I'm currently working out the kinks, but both sites will be up and running this month.
________________________________________________________________________

As always, on the 1st of every month, I will be posting a ZIP file with songs for the upcoming month with ALL specifics deleted from the tags, so unless you already know the band, there is NO information regarding each track. During the month, I will post reviews for those bands and link the tracks to the review so you can associate the two together. This way you can listen to a new song/band and have little-to-no bias. I have reposted the (July mp3/August reviews) mix below:
 
This mix will be reviewed during the month of August, which, completely by coincidence, happens to start today.
 
The (August mp3/September reviews) mix that will be dissected in September has been posted below and features a lot of aggressive music, but more specifically:
*-*the first of Thomas Schlatter's (of the hardcore/scream band Capacities) 5-part interview with
        this seminal screamo band from the late 1990s (so much for the mystery)
*-*a band from the USA that I saw in July that actually made my brain implode and then expand
        outwards again - but inside-out
*-*a very obscure and unreleased demo song from a very well-known band which has never
        officially been released - hint: this was recorded before they changed their band name (good
        call, Aguado)
*-*an extremely obscure band that would have been the next Orchid, had the singer not passed
        away
*-*a band that Glassjaw and Finch lovers should lose their shit over (and this was just a demo
        recording!)
*-*an amazing shoegaze/math rock/screamo band from Japan (not Envy, that's too easy!)
*-*the inclusion of a comedian, because funny is funny
 
________________________________________________________________________

Any bands that are interested in having their stuff reviewed, please email daveyjamesnorman16@gmail.com or sambuca_dave@hotmail.com with the subject line: "Open Mind Saturated Brain"

No comments:

Post a Comment